New Pieces for Napa Aloha Festival

Na Honu
I was a busy little bee preparing new pieces to bring to the Napa Aloha Festival and it was a great success! A great crowd with great responses to my works Many of these pieces have actually been sold, but this blog gives you examples of my work and ideas for gifts!
Slippas

Pacific Voyager


Tattoo 


Butterfly

Seahorse




















A lot of source of inspiration lately have come from subjects that my children are interested in. My son loves all sea creatures and owns boundless books on sea life. A great resource for me! Of course, my daughter is the epitome of all things feminine and loves anything and everything pink. The butterfly was her request and is her favorite.
Hibiscus Trio

This picture is a tribute to the voyage of the six traditional polynesian canoes (wa'a) that sailed from the islands to the San Franciso Bay last month. There are great photos of all six sailing under the Golden Gate Bringe, and I thought it was a beautiful image to replicate. Each canoe sail had designes that represented their island, and the canoes themselves had beautiful and intricate carvings in the wood. As a Hawaiian community, we welcomed them on Angel Island with traditional chants and hulas led by my Kumu, Kawika Alfiche.

Comments

Popular Posts