Hello Kitty series

My daughter has always been a Hello Kitty fanatic; from her shoes to her headband she is dressed in Hello Kitty gear. Now that it is so widely available at  more affordable prices it is now possible. My children always giveme great ideas for new subjects for my artwork, and she requested a Hello Kitty piece. My first thought was, "No way, that will be so cheesy". However, my sister who was also here told me, "These is going to be your most popular pieces!". So far, they have taken off and I think she's right! The Hello Kitty design is very specific and is actually harder for me to do since it has to be very exact. I am used to cutting my designs freehand, but I have to use a stencil for the Hello Kitty face so it looks authentic. The only design changes that I am able to do are with her clothing, flower and background. After studying my daughter's books for some time, I realized that she only has a limited number of poses. To keep in the theme of my designs, I've kept a plumeria flower in her hair and also done her with brown skin in a few pieces. These can all be ordered with a personalized name at no extra charge. You can purchase them on my Etsy site as well: http://www.etsy.com/shop/NaPuaDesigns


Hula Hello Kitty on Island
Brown Surfer Hello Kitty

First piece for my daughter
 
Hula Hello Kitty

Personalized for Baby Jewel

Comments

Popular Posts