Pheonix Kahanu Tribute


I created this piece for my hula sister, April as a gift for her new baby boy, Phoenix Kahanu. It was an 8 x 10" original piece made from cut paper. I free-handed the design with a knife based on a collection of images that I had researched. 
 For reasons we will never know, he was taken away from us all at the tender age of 13 months. As a way of healing and support, I combined my image with my Kumu's olelo no'eau (Hawaiian proverb) that he created also as a means of overcoming the grief and loss. A halau is family, and we all felt the loss personally and grieved with his parents like one of our own. I designed this poster as a tribute to the unending spirit that Phoenix will have on our lives and remembering his legacy. 
This is a 12" x 18" glossy poster available for purchase. There are limited quantities available. The proceeds will benefit the Phoenix's Family. 

Comments

Popular Posts