Anthony & Leilani's Wedding

It was an honor to do the floral designs for my beautiful hula sister, Leilani. The wedding took place at the Palm Event Center in Pleasanton, CA. http://palmeventcenter.com/ A gorgeous winery  and event center. Leilani was a vendors dream; very easy going and trusted me to create her vision. She only gave me a few requests regarding the flowers; and they were basically the color scheme and her budget.

She had quite a large wedding party and many sponsors. I made lei for each of the sponsors as well. The pomianders were made with carnations; unfortunately I couldn't find an apporpriately sized foam ball for the little flower girl; but she toughed it out!

Leilani's bouquet was made with calla lillies, roses, and differend types of orchids. I put just a few crystal embellishments into the orchids. She is quite petite, and I didn't want her bouquet to overpower her.

The ceremony took place at the winery in a beautiful room lined with oak wine barrels. I lined the floor with rose pedals and glass hurricanes with floating candles and submerged orchids.

This arrangement was one of two that stood behind them during the ceremony.






I created these manzanita tree centerpieces by cementing the branches into ceramic bases. I hung crystals and votive holders. The orchids were glued to the tree. I was surprised how long the orchids lasted on these trees; a few of them were still alive a week after the wedding!


This was at the head table; a low lying centerpiece with mostly orchids.

This was one of the bridesmaids bouquet's on display at the head table.

This wedding was a lot of fun. A bit challenging since I was the florist and a guest as well. It was probably the biggest wedding I have done so far and I loved the challenge. And best of all, I was able to do it all within her budget.

Comments

Popular Posts