Matt & Shadi's Wedding

My good friend Matt asked me to do the flowers for his wedding. This was another challenge for many reasons; it was taking place on a boat and I was also a guest. This meant that I could not be late or he boat would not be able to leave, and I had to act as a vendor and a guests. The only request of the bride were the blue hydrangea; which are seasonal. I learned a trick of many florists; spray paint for flowers. However, I did not allow myself enough time to spray all of them! I didn't appreciate how many leaves are in one hydrangea flower. That added a bit of stress to my day! Another challenge was to keep the tall arrangements from falling over while the ship was sailing across the bay. I kept my eye on them and they did just fine!




Pomianders with roses and hydrangeas hung along the aisle where the ceremony took place.


Another memorable wedding with many lessons learned! Next time I am booked for a wedding on a boat I will be better prepared!

Comments

Popular Posts