Latest Commissioned Pieces

Where are the gulls going?
I was requested to do a piece for my hula sister, Ka'imi for her friend. Her friend has a special connection to seagulls, and that was to be the subject of the piece. This piece was especially challenging since I have never done seagulls before, so I did a lot of research on various images. Since the piece is fairly small, I went with the silhouettes of the gulls, rather than one large bird. They are usually flying around the beach with the sun floating somewhere near. I hope she likes it!


Fong 'Ohana
Another hula sister, Cristin requested a honu family with each honu having colors that represented each member of the family. This request was made after seeing a similar piece I had done with other colors. Apparently, if you're a CAL person, any Stanford associated colors are banned from the house. So my original picture had a red honu representing the mother, and that was not going to be acceptable in the CAL household! So, I used very specific colors for each of the honu's to represent each person; blue & yellow for Dad (of course!), purple for Mom, blue & orange for baby Liam and pink & brown for baby girl Elise.


Turquoise Honu
My hula brother, Pi'i is going to his good friend's wedding and wanted to give a special wedding present. She loves honu and the color turquoise. The background is a great paper that is used for book binding that I found at The Paper Source store on Fillmore. It has a great iridescent quality that changes color in the light.

Comments

Popular Posts