Recent Works


Aloha- Honu

Fern

Hula is Life
Pahu Drum & Ipu Heke



Butterfly

Jellyfish

Fish

Laua'e Fern
I love the simple beauty and symmetry of things in nature. I find my more things that inspire me when I'm walking down the street, or looking at one of my kid's animal books. Once I have a design in mind, then I like to add a whimsical twist with the colors that I chose. I like to stay true to the original shape which serves as my template; then I get real creative with the colors I choose. I also find that I don't like doing the same thing twice. I love the challenge of creating something new; a new project. Unfortunately, I do get requests for some of my more popular pieces, but no two pieces are ever the same. Since they are all cut freehand, each is definitely original. And the colors may reflect my mood at that moment! Of course, I do take requests and will try to design pieces based on what people want.

Comments

Popular Posts